//Autumn Tears//

Oh love, be mine.
There are tears in the air
And the vision is nostalgia;
With letters from the spring,
The sickened mind,
The sensitive heart, my love,
Oh it aches.
I haven't seen you in weeks
And those weeks are my weakness.
My eyes are the violet flowers
And all I see is snow-
Oh the winter's angels serenade me;
It's stunningly dark,
It's melodiously deep,
Like a haunting tale of pain,
Stuck, in my chaotic thoughts.
Oh love, be mine.
I'm afraid, so so so afraid,
For my nights are alone,
Your days are alone;
Oh how long will it take
Before one of us awakes
To loneliness's embrace?
And our arms open slowly
To its sweet cozy taste
And we, like last summer,
Float away with the leaves
Into this familiar autumn:
Oh, our best memory,
Oh, our favorite seasonal loss;
Our first autumn, forever.

~Swathya

Comments