Brain Teaser


My endless giggles at your fingertips, a flirty wink or a smile is all it takes and I turn clumsy and uncontrollable;
Isn't this sorcery?

My peculiar inability to meet your twinkling eyes for too long, lest I automatically grin again and shy away;
Isn't this robbery?

My ambitious sight being consumed by that plotting face of yours, mischievously laughing in all its angelic charm;
Isn't this sabotage?

My mind blushing at your words, later replaying your sweet nothings over and over again till sleep finds me;
Isn't this insanity?

My hands and my cheeks never warm enough, craving that comforting caress while your fingers tangle my messy hair;
Isn't this torture?

My wet lips greedily refusing to frown again, lest they may be denied that intense summery kiss of yours;
Isn't this slavery?

My senses becoming addicted to your unique smell, sweet taste and tingling touch, a sinful indulgence indeed;
Isn't this dependence?

My unstoppable pen losing its ability to create depth, for the tears that spread its ink are busy making paper planes;
Isn't this manipulation?

My forgotten heart jolted right out of its final slumber, just to experience your mere presence in fascination;
Isn't this cruelty?

My unbound spirit fired up, but irked by an uncertain fear of losing a hug as precious as my starlit night skies;
Isn't this impossible?

It might be sabotage, it might be robbery
It might be manipulation, it might be sorcery
It might be dependance, it might be slavery
It might be torture, it might be cruelty
It might be impossible, it might be insanity

But somehow, I'm me.
Just the same yet different for the me I found with you is free,
Feeling once again, maybe alive a notch above.
Tell me, is this what they call love?

~Swathya

Comments