<Ice>


Just bring me some ice, please!
No lovers, no haters, no memories;
Just simple, cold, heavenly ice.
Shocked? Just wait... And you'll see... 

I crave it beyond mere addiction,
For it's my ablaze body's soulmate;
No matter what or who or why,
It's the constant to silent burns.

Scars alike but never the same,
It's an oxymoronic savior;
A medicine to my sulk,
In open veins of fossilsed tears...

It imprisons them in imperfect time,
Only to let them slowly bleed,
While my numb, somber brain,
Regretfully incinerates my identity. 

A tombstone is in making,
And my horror-stuck eyes,
Are lost in freeze-dried tears...
All thanks to the anesthetic ice.

Ice is passionately deady,
Yet, I gamble with it each night;
I slumber in baths of bloody crystals,
In hopes to kill my soul unavowed.

I eat it all day, everyday...
To silence some groaning hunger,
To fill those miniscule holes,
Left battered by your truthful lies.

So... I request you, no, I beg you,
That when I ask for some ice,
Please oblige and serve me,
If not truckloads, then bucketfuls of it.

This love is what I've only known,
As pain and ice go hand in hand;
Frost is what I hatefully desire,
And the only warmth I forever wish to feel.

~Swathya

Comments