Chasing the Scent of a Ghost


Chasing the scent of a ghost
I sailed the nostalgic nile
Let those marble memories
Cloud me
Lead to besotted delusion

I roamed the plains of moodiness
Let growing darkness
Slowly set into hookah haze
Guiding me
Across the glimmering globe

Somehow my Baja baristas
Or forgotten friends
Never had the courage
To warn me
And prevent this apocalypse

Chasing the scent of a ghost
I lost to the devil
Reached out for those dreams
Reality roaring
Silently in some corner

I wrestled wretched tarantulas
Burnt in Arabian deserts
Thirsty for drops of love
I begged you
For Paradise past's sake

The stop being one December
Those petunias in plain sight
I hate to admit but
I gave up
Your love being unworthy

In these glorious days
Of potent passion
Affection was weaned latent
I'm yet to see
My lovely life again

Chasing the scent of a ghost
I learnt a valuable vice
Liars of players are we
Don't you see
A ghost turned a ghost - me?

~Swathya

Comments