Bleeding


Just sitting on my wrecked bed,
I unlock my cracked phone,
Hoping to see a single text,
Which I know I never received.

Trying to hide my disappointment,
I play back some old calls;
Pretending that day was yesterday,
I marvel at your sweet voice.

I imagine you are right here,
Lying close, smiling cutely at me.
And we are talking like before,
When everything was perfectly magical.

My heart starts revolting then,
Brings back the disturbing memories,
Of me against the bathroom wall,
Wailing and screaming my sorrow out.

Each thump against the cold tiles,
Every single tear that left my eyes;
I'll remember how much it hurt,
A knife through my lifelong trust.

Still I force myself to forget it all,
Silently wishing we'll be back together.
But day by day my feeble faith trembles,
A hidden fear, we've changed too much.

~Swathya

Comments