Kiss Me Goodbye...


At this midnight hour,
I'm awake, struggling to gather,
My thoughts and the pieces,
The pieces, of my broken heart. 

You maybe never thought,
That I may be so desperate,
My feelings would go down,
Down the drain like wildfire. 

What am I to you?
A person who was transient,
One that left no mark, no memory?
No memory in your past?

The way you said it,
I saw no guilt in your cold eyes.
The stony face revealed nothing,
Nothing about our romance. 

What about the fun times,
Our precious moments of warmth?
Or about that special day,
The day when we first kissed? 

Tell me, I'm dying to know,
Does your heart not crave me?
Does your soul not hold a desire,
A desire to cuddle me? 

Every now and then, a glance,
My spirits sink lower each time,
Will you not in forever come,
Come and kiss me good bye?

~Swathya

Comments