The Mystery Of The Cosmos


Stars, stars, stars.... they elude me;
The rush inside me is strange.
Those sparkling specks in the night sky,
Are something no one can change.

A twinkle from a shooting star
The colourful trails of comets;
These happen in a fraction of time,
And are like treasured sonnets.

The Milky Way is the most strange for sure;
The caretaker of us like a mother.
But will she be able to save me,
When she greets her sister and brother?

The planets are the Sun's child;
Sizes vary, some big and some not.
But why do you show yourself,
Rarely just as a teeny, tiny dot?

Jupiter is the boss, Earth's the gifted one;
Then why Saturn has rings, Uranus too?
You all intrigue me to such an extent,
But I'm crazy 'bout why you play peek-a-boo!

The Moon...now she's a real beauty;
While looking at her, I never lose my stamina.
Everyone loves her, she's well known;
But are you actually clear, La Luna?

The sky is vast, huge and endless,
Encompassing queer objects with mysteries to unravel for nations.
Ever expanding is this gigantic universe,
Every day making some new marvellous creations.

Lost in thought, I wonder how big or small I actually am'
Because I'm losing, I'm sure my brain is in a toss.
But the hurly-burly is done for me now,
And I'm desperately stuck in this unsolvable Mystery Of The Cosmos...

~Swathya 

Comments