The Trail For The Lost


Oh, that inexpensive  China vase on the dinner table,
A sight so heavy, so heartbreaking;
It's bringing me back a trail of nostalgia,
It's bringing me back to you.

In the depths of my endless memories,
I wander vainly in an eternal quest;
Searching the moody mists of emptiness,
Searching the forgotten for you.

Here, I spy a glowing spark,
It's the happy times long gone;
I'm remembering those blissful days,
I'm remembering the youthful you.

The beautiful film unravels still,
Suddenly,  takes an eventful turn;
Replacing the joys that enclosed  us,
Replacing the energetic and smiling you

My wounded heart dwells with sorrow,
That yearning look in your eyes, my my!
Start crying as we depart to opposing worlds,
Start crying, alone, in the love of you.

A spontaneous shock brings me back,
The real world now pricks like thorns;
In my heart, forever remain many a bittersweet memories,
In my heart, forever remain you and only you.

~Swathya 

Comments