Where Did Those Times Go?


I remember...
I used to look at a new puddle,
And marvel at the sparkling water.
I used to just get lost,
In the ever-thundering monsoon rain.
I wonder, where did those curious times go?

I remember the times....
When just one word was enough,
To get me super stoked and bubbly.
When a slight mention of unknown,
Wasn't as scary or unappealing.
Just where did those unafraid times go?

I still remember...
How I struggled with delight to absorb,
The splendours of the nature all around.
How the eyes of many a speechless animal,
Conveyed to me a gigabyte of unconventional love.
Tell me,  where did those vibrant times go?

Somehow I still remember...
About the mischief of my early childhood,
Committed in the innocence of sibling-play.
About those warm furry times,
I shared with my relatives in simple signs.
Wherever did those hazily vague times go?

Are they lost forever in history?
Will those joys ever return?
The answers to these​ seemingly impossible questions,
In due course of time, are forever mine to learn.

~Swathya

Comments

  1. Sad...... It reminds me of my childhood. Keep the good poetry up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well written poem.
    Could have been a bit longer.
    ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment