A Piece Of Cloth


My cleavage is not an invitation,
My bra strap is not my sexuality,
My shots are not the sign of flagrant foul.

My legs are not meant to be stared,
My arms are not meant to be moored,
My mouth is not meant to be shut,
My face is not meant to be burnt with acid,
My body is not meant to be covered,
Because I am not meant to fulfill your ardour.

All those men who decide my character,
Can't they have any of it ?
All those men who cover me, 

Can't they shut their eyes for a stint ?
All those men who influence my dressing, 

Can't they stop their thoughts filled with smut?
The people who call me a slut, 

Do they have any chaste?

All those convictions,
All those perceptions,
I am not any sacred temple,
I am just a human who loves to flaunt.
All those men filled
 with staunt,
My clothes are just a piece of cloth.

Not my character,
Not my decency,
Not my shame,

AND IF I HAVE IT, I WILL FLAUNT IT.


~Riddhima S. 

Comments